On display will be thermoelectric heated and cooled cup holders, a thermoelectric bottle cooler mounted in an SUV door, and a compact fridge/freezer for car consoles
Detroit, Mich. – May 3, 2016 – Dometic Group, provider of mobile comfort products for the automotive industry, today announced that its Commercial and Passenger Vehicle unit will be exhibiting at the WardsAuto Interiors Conference on May 11 in Detroit, Mich. At the conference, Dometic will be exhibiting its luxury comfort solutions for automobiles and trucks, including heated and cooled thermoelectric cup holders, thermoelectric bottle coolers and compressor-driven fridge/freezers.
“Refreshment solutions are an exciting new development in automotive luxury. At the WardsAuto Interiors event, we will showcase technology that can keep drinks and food chilled, frozen or heated on the go,” said Brian Berlenbach, Director of OEM Sales at Dometic. “Our design teams are pioneers in engineering thermoelectric and compressor-based refrigeration, smart energy systems and sleek designs that add value, style and comfort to passenger and commercial vehicles.”
Stop by the Dometic table to see the company’s engineered solutions for OEM car and truck manufacturers, including:
- Thermoelectric Cup Holders. These cup holders, which take the place of conventional cup holders anywhere in the vehicle, are a compact, convenient way to keep water or soft drinks cold, and coffee or tea hot. Fueled by thermoelectric power that draws minimal power from the vehicle battery, these cup holders offer drivers and their passengers a new element of comfort and luxury while on the move.
- Thermoelectric Bottle Cooler. The same technology that fuels Dometic’s innovative cup holders can also provide cooling for larger bottles. The Thermoelectric Bottle Cooler can be installed in an SUV door, in the door map pocket, or in rear quarter panels. Drivers or passengers can chill a large bottle of water or soda, or even transport a chilled bottle of wine or champagne on the way to a social gathering. At WardsAuto, stop by Dometic’s table to see a real SUV door with operational bottle cooler.
- Compact Compressor Refrigerator/Freezers. Dometic compact refrigeration systems can be used as a fridge-only or freezer-only unit (depending on where the thermostat is set). Providing cooling space for up to six 20 oz. bottles – depending on the size of the vehicle – they are ideal for individuals who travel extensively for work or for families on long road trips. Store multiple drinks, sandwiches or even ice cream. The robust compressor, which draws power from the car battery, ensures steady, even temperature while driving. Depending on the vehicle design, the Dometic compact fridge/freezers can be engineered to fit into front and rear floor consoles. They can also be accessed through a rear seat armrest, with mounting placed in the trunk.
For over two decades, Dometic has provided specially designed OEM solutions for automotive companies, primarily in Europe, such as Volvo, Volkswagen, Toyota, Ford, Audi, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Renault, Rolls Royce, and others. Dometic is now expanding its presence in the U.S. automotive market from its offices in Troy, Mich.
In addition to refrigeration solutions, Dometic also specializes in USB charger ports and 115V and 230V sockets for devices that require AC power, such as phones, tablets, portable DVD players and laptops. Many current, and concept, Dometic OEM automotive products are on permanent display at the company’s Commercial and Passenger Vehicle division headquarters in Troy, Mich.
View this video to learn more about Dometic’s offerings for automotive comfort and luxury.
Note to Editors
- Downloadable high-res photos are here.
- This press release is available at www.dometicpressroom.com.
- Find Dometic on Twitter @DometicAmericas and on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/DometicGroup.
About Dometic Group
Dometic Group is a customer-driven, world-leading provider of leisure products for the recreational vehicle (RV), automotive, truck, marine markets and lodging markets. Dometic supplies the industry and aftermarket with a complete range of air conditioners, ship-wide ventilation systems, watermakers, refrigerators, awnings, cookers, sanitation systems, lighting, mobile power equipment, comfort and safety solutions, windows, doors and other equipment that makes leisure life more comfortable away from home. Dometic Group supplies a wide range of workshop equipment for service and maintenance of built-in air conditioning. Dometic Group also provides specially designed refrigerators for hotel rooms, offices and wine storage. Dometic’s products are sold in almost 100 countries and are produced mainly in wholly owned production facilities around the world. Dometic has approximately 6,000 employees. Visit the Dometic USA site at www.dometic.com/usa.
Dometic Sales Contact:
Director of OEM Sales
Commercial and Passenger Vehicle Markets
Dometic Group Americas